And just like that I’m 40!
Wow, I can’t believe I’m entering a new decade, and while I feel the same as I did yesterday, and the day before there’s something new exuding from me — I’m a real grown woman and I love it.
When I first thought about writing this blog, I thought about writing a list of 40 things I want to accomplish before 41, but then I took some time and thought about all that has happened in the last 40 years and what I’ve learned. So here it goes…
40 LESSONS FROM 40 YEARS (In no particular order)
- Trust your instincts.
- Don’t worry about fitting in.
- Wear your good perfume on any day you feel like it.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks, and the hell with people who don’t get your vision.
- Don’t be afraid to say I love you.
- Don’t wait until the end to make amends.
- Cry it out, then work it out.
- Yes, I can do more and be more than one thing.
- Invest early in stocks and mutual funds
- Give and give some more.
- Learn to enjoy your own company.
- Never trust an esthetician with no eyebrows.
- Embrace your sexuality.
- Dance when you want and how you want.
- Give yourself compliments.
- Step away from the sales rack sometimes and splurge.
- Don’t be afraid to walk away from old friends.
- Don’t be afraid to meet new friends.
- Don’t be afraid to start over.
- Give yourself grace.
- Appreciate your body then and now.
- Create clear boundaries for toxic people ( family or not).
- Protect your peace.
- Use your vacation days.
- Spend as much time as possible with your family.
- Take a Mom nap without guilt.
- Never let the little girl inside disappear.
- Have sex often.
- Honor your commitments.
- Don’t be bound by shame.
- Do everything with a spirit of excellence (even if it doesn’t work out) it will work out.
- Eat healthy ( and thrown in some fried now and again).
- Therapy works.
- Appreciate the small things.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Don’t lose the essence of who you are. Wife and Mommy are a blessing, but none of those things matter if ‘Michelle’ is not whole.
- Know God for yourself.
- Drink Water.
+ Leave a comment